Experience Less Than 1 Year
Degree None Required
Amount of Hours Hourly
Virtual / Remote No
Happy Box is Growing! We are an e-commerce curated gift box company, featured in Brit+Co, OprahMag.com, BRIDES, and more. Founded by two sisters, Happy Box Store believes that giving the perfect gift should be as happy of an experience as receiving one. We hope to deliver a little more “happy” to the world by making it easier to celebrate any moment with gifts built specific to each recipient. Our customers pick a box, pick a variety of gifts, and pick a card, and their gift gets sent directly to their recipient’s door. We buy a large majority of our products from mission-based, local, BIPOC and other female-owned businesses, so our customers know they are supporting great businesses when they buy from us. Our warehouse/HQ is located in mid-town Hoboken, NJ at the Monroe Center.
Happy Box is hiring multiple e-commerce fulfillment specialists as our online store is growing! From fulfilling daily custom orders and helping out with large corporate orders, administrative tasks and e-mail customer service, we’re looking for contractors who we can trust to keep the warehouse running smoothly and making sure orders go out on time.
The primary role is helping us pack and ship and handwrite notes for online custom Happy Boxes, both from our consumer business and our corporate business. We’ll start you off working at the same time as our warehouse manager; and once we feel you’re doing well, we may increase your hours and allow more independent work. There is room to grow to a management position should that be of interest. You must be organized, have a can-do positive attitude and be excited to join a scrappy startup; must be willing to go above and beyond the listed duties in times where it’s busy!
Experience in a warehouse, retail environment, or fulfillment center is a plus.
- Answering customer service inquiries (via Zendesk/Email)
- Fulfillment of orders in the warehouse including: packing boxes, hand-writing cards, printing shipping labels, preparing for shipment; must hit hourly minimum fulfillment rates
- Organize and restock inventory on shelves, weigh items when necessary, flag to manager when inventory or materials of any kind is low
- Receive and count pallets of inventory upon arrival
- Keep the warehouse running smoothly, clean and orderly
- Take out garbage, organize and keep the space clean and orderly
- Clocking in and out when in the warehouse & tracking key work metrics (# boxes filled per hour, # cards written per hour, etc. one fully onboarded/trained)
- Ideally, have good handwriting
- Basic computer proficiency (email, able to be trained in our software)
- Able to follow directions and critically problem solve
- Must be solutions-oriented with a positive attitude!We’re looking for someone who always comes with potential solutions when escalating a problem. Must be a critical thinker and problem solver; ready and willing to roll sleeves up in an up-and-coming startup
- Must be prepared to learn all Happy Box duties, tone/voice, playbook, and ways of working.
- Must be at least 18 years old and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to lift somewhat heavy boxes (up to 30 lbs) occasionally to move around and organize inventory on our shelves
We believe giving the perfect gift should be as happy of an experience as receiving one. We hope to deliver a little more “happy” to the world by making it easier to celebrate any moment with gifts built specific to each recipient.
Happy Box Values
- Do business happy, no matter what. That means with our employees, clients, vendors, partners, and our mailman, Gary.
- Shine light on the creativity and talent of others. We buy gift products from companies and people we believe in, supporting various mission-based and women-owned businesses.
- There is value “off the path.” We will continue our spirit of innovation and customer centricity and take the right way, not necessarily the easy way as we grow.